In 1953 Toplis Fletcher & Co opened as an accountancy firm in Kaikohe, started by Ormon Toplis & John Fletcher. In the late 70’s the company bought it’s first computer, which took up an entire room and was incredibly slow! In 1981 Toplis Fletcher became Fletcher Poutsma Whitelaw & Co, with Cliff Whitelaw, Jack Poutsma & Keith Ardern joining as directors. In 1991 after Jack & Keith left, Fletcher Whitelaw & Co was the next incarnation, with John Fletcher & Cliff Whitelaw at the helm.
In October 1993 Wayne Weber joined the office, & in 1993 after forty years as a director, John Fletcher retired. With Cliff having sole charge, in January 1996 Whitelaw Weber was born, with Wayne becoming a director.