A visit to this historic church is well worth the short ride from Kaikohe. It is a Gothic revival church built by and thought to be named after Aperahama Te Awa, a prominent Māori churchman who died in 1884 and who lies buried in the churchyard. The first church built on the site in 1837 was visited by Samuel Marsden on his last voyage to New Zealand.
This historic church is registered under the Historic Places Act 1980. It is historically significant both in terms of its age and its association with the development of the Maori Anglican faith.
Aperahama Church is open daily.